Mon to Sun (multiple dates and times), Monday 29 November 2021
We’re delighted to announce our friends Bread Flower are sprinkling magic over our neighbourhood with a four-week festive takeover, including a pop up cafe, florist and bagel shop, alongside a packed festive calendar of events and workshops.
The Bread Flower cafe at The Bungalow
The cafe will be serving up topped open bagel sandwiches to eat in or take away, alongside a changing list of specials like salt beef bagel sandwiches and bagel French toast. Bags of sourdough bagels available by the half or full dozen until they sell out. There will also be bouquets, wreaths and table centrepieces available for pre-order, as well as smaller bunches available in store.
The duo’s much-loved bundles – that proved a hit during their original stint at Kampus – are also back, bringing together freshly-baked bagels, schmears (flavoured cream cheese) and hand-tied flowers. The bundles now include Manchester Smokehouse salmon as standard alongside a vegan option with carrot lox (vegan “smoked salmon”). There is a range of Christmas morning hampers also joining the line-up with added extras like sparkling wine from Le Social, Blossom Coffee and sticky buns, which are available to pre-order for collection on 23 and 24 December.
The Bread Flower cafe will be open at the Bungalow Thursday and Friday (8am – 2pm), Saturday and Sunday (10am – 4pm) from Thursday 25 November 2021 until the end of January.
Throughout the residency there will be an optional ~£1 added to each bill at the Bread Flower cafe which will be donated to Wood Street Mission which helps support families living on a low income in Manchester and Salford.
Festive Events and Workshops
The Bungalow at Kampus will be the place to celebrate with friends, family and loved ones. The Hanukkah-inspired supper club in collaboration with Le Social will be a night of food, wine, storytelling and games with a menu of traditional dishes in an intimate setting, whilst Indie Winter Markets will bring together local independent traders like Beaches and Cream, Shy Seagull and Prestwich Gin for Christmas gifts that can’t be found on the high street.
Guests can also get consciously creative with floristry workshops running throughout December, be it wreaths, table centrepieces or a special session on ditching the plastic for sustainable Christmas decorations.
After all that, people are likely to need a breather. Yin Yoga with Emma from Thorlby Yoga will provide some rest and respite from the Christmas chaos (albeit with some mulled wine, festive food and socialising for good measure).
The Bread Flower events programme will include:
- Hanukkah Supper Club – Friday 3rd December – £40pp, tickets here: https://www.breadflower.co.uk/shop/p/hanukkah-supper-club-with-le-social
- Indie Winter Markets – Saturday 4th December and Saturday 11th December – FREE
- Yoga – Thursday 2nd, Thursday 9th and Thursday 16th December 2021 – £20pp, tickets here:
The workshops programme will include:
- Wreath making – 1st December, 6.30pm – £45pp tickets here:https://www.breadflower.co.uk/shop/p/wreath-making-workshop
- Sustainable decorations – 8th December, 6.30pm – £25pp, tickets here:https://www.breadflower.co.uk/shop/p/sustainable-decorations-workshop
- Chocolate decorating with Cocoa and Bloom – 12th December
- Table centrepieces – 15th December, 6.30pm – £40pp, tickets here:
- Bagel and Babka Workshop – 16th and 30th January 10am, tickets here:
- Bouquet Workshop – 21st and 28th January 18.30, tickets here:
Workshops will continue into the new year, making the perfect gift for a creative loved one, with a Bagel & Babka Workshop, Make a Bouquet Workshop and Vase Arrangement Workshop taking place from 16 – 30 January 2022.